22 July 2011

The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity.

This quote, attributed to Dorothy Parker,  sums up my summer. I was born curious. Most of the time it is an asset. Other times, like this summer, it obstructs my progress. I have to follow a lead, answer the question, trip down the yellow brick road, reread Harry Potter, even when I am supposed to be preparing two new courses, recovering from surgery, reading the classics I missed, reorganizing my closets. Instead, I have become oddly fascinated with The Real Housewives of New York (definitely not real), knitting baby blankets, starting another blog and playing with my iPad. Somehow, I will twist this into learning for September, but now I have to watch the Big Bang Theory on my DVR. Happy summer.

No comments: